Equity Scrutiny Group (ESG) Member
The National Emergencies Trust is looking to recruit new volunteers to our Equity Scrutiny Group (ESG).
A key part of our governance structure, the ESG supports the National Emergencies Trust in taking an equitable and inclusive approach to everything we do. We’re seeking new members who can add value to the Group’s activities, which include:
- During emergency appeals, support the Board and Allocations Committee to ensure that all funds raised are disbursed equitably and efficiently so that nobody whose life has been affected gets left behind
- On an ongoing basis, flag details of existing and emerging challenges (‘unmet needs’) faced disproportionately by members of marginalised social groups and/or groups with protected characteristics
- Help the National Emergencies Trust to meet our obligations as a charity in respect of equal opportunities, safeguarding and child protection, mental health and wellbeing, and health and safety requirements
- Undertake the annual review of the National Emergencies Trust ’s Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan to assess our ongoing progress against our aims
- On an ad-hoc basis, share relevant insights with the National Emergencies Trust Exec team that can help them to enhance their approach to communities with protected characteristics
We are looking for new members who take an intersectional position on identities and topics, who bring expertise and have lived experience of Equality Characteristics as set out in the Equality Act 2010 and of mental health and wellbeing issues.
As with membership of all the National Emergencies Trust’s decision-making committees and groups, this is a voluntary position and one which will require an increased time commitment during active appeals. Outside of appeals, it will involve quarterly meetings via video conference including (ideally) one annually in person in London, if feasible for candidates. Reasonable costs incurred through their membership, for example travel costs will be covered.
For further information, please view and download our information pack which includes details of a webinar to find out more about the role.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
We are always looking to attract a diverse range of people who are excited to support the National Emergencies Trust’s work and creating a process that gives everyone a fair opportunity to do so, regardless of their background. We are also committed to ensuring everyone feels included, supported, and feel they belong.
How to apply:
Deadline for applications – 18 June 2021
- Submit a cover letter detailing your skills and experience in relation to the opportunity along with your motivations for joining the Equity Scrutiny Group at the National Emergencies Trust.
- all applications with identifying personal information will be removed, so please submit your application in Word format to enable this
- Complete an equal opportunity form via the link:
- Outline and explain any adjustments you need at the application or interview stage, or to support you do fulfil your role better.